Here's how make it:
Makes 500 ml
- 250ml coconut real(preferable freshly squeezed)
- 8 pandan leaves
- 250gr sugar
- Pinch salt
- 8 eggs
- 4 slice white bread
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use a fork to run through the pandan leaves to release the essential oils and aroma. Tie them together and put in a saucepan with the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil gently. When is starts boiling, stir the coconut milk into the egg mixture slowly.
- When well blanded, fish out the pandan leaves and strain the mixture through a sieve into the top part of a double boiler. Gently heat the mixture, stirring constantly , until it thickens into a custard, 20-30 minutes. Let cool completely before refrigerating or serving.
- To serve, toast the bread and spread with cold butter followed by a thick layer of kaya.
Food is ready!