Here's how make it :
Read too : Fried Banana Honey
- Boiling potatoes 2 pounds
- Hot beef or chicken broth 3/4 cup
- Onion, chopped finely 1
- Oil 1/3 cup
- Vinegar 1/4 cup
- Brown or Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives or parsley, chopped (optional) 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and add enough cold water to cover them by an inch or two. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil until the potatoes are cooked through and a sharp knife pierces them easily. Drain and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them if you like. Then cut the potatoes in half and then cut them into thick slices. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and carefully stir in the hot broth and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir this vinaigrette into the potatoes, along with the chopped chives or parsley.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve warm, at room temperature or cold. Kartoffelsalat tastes best if you let it rest for an hour or two to meld the flavors.
Kartoffelsalat ready, Enjoy your Weekend friend!