Here's how make it :
Read too : POT ROAST
- 500 g (1 lb) beef for boiling (first-cut flank, brisket or chuck)
- herbs and vegetables for making soup
- 1/2 onion
- 3 egg whites
- some chives or parsley
- Wash the meat and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut into cubes and place in 2 liters (2 qt) of cold water.
- Fry the onion without fat in an (old) pan on the cut surface until golden brown.
- Wash the bones in cold water and, together with the soup vegetables and onions, add to the meat.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer for about 2 hours. Let the soup cool and skim off the fat.
- Whisk the egg whites with 250 ml (0,4 pt) of cold water, and stir slowly into the soup.
- Simmer until it becomes transparent.
- Drain through a dish towel, and add salt to taste.
- Serve as a transparent soup (with sprinkled chives or parsley) or with one of the many Viennese soup garnishes.
Read too : ANTELOPE STEAK
Food is ready!