|Source : Pixabay|
Here's how make it :
Read too : Masala Mutton Karahi Recipe
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) Beef.
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) Lean pork.
- 1 kg (2.2.pounds) Mutton.
- 500 Grams (1.1 pounds) Bacon (spek) (firm pork fat from under the skin).
- 25 ml (2 Tablespoons) Sea salt.
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Ground black pepper.
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) Coriander.
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Ground cloves.
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Nutmeg powder.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Brown vinegar.
- 25 ml (2 Tablespoons) Brandy (optional).
- 25 ml (2 Tablespoons) Masala spice (optional).
- 200 Grams (1/2 pounds) Wide sausage casings
- First you need to cube all meat and bacon (spek), mix it all together and coarsely mince the meat.
- At the same time place the coriander in a dry frying pan and keep on stirring until it browns and then break up the seeds.
- Place all the meat and dry spices in a bowl, add the vinegar and brandy and lightly mix together and then leave to marinade in a fridge for a few hours.
- You will then need to soak the sausage casings in water and then fill them with your boerewors mixture (firmly, but not too tightly) with your sausage maker.