Here's how make it :
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 1/2-inch cubes pepper jack cheese (about 1 ounce total)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Ketchup, mustard and/or mayonnaise, for spreading (optional)
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and/or sliced red onion, for topping
- Pickles, for serving (optional)
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions.
- Press a cube of pepper jack into the center of each and shape the meat around the cheese; form into patties, about 4 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the patties and top each with a slice of cheddar; cook 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the hamburger buns and spread with ketchup, mustard and/or mayonnaise.
- Fill with the burgers and top with lettuce, tomato and/or red onion. Serve with pickles.
Food is ready!