Here's how make it :
- 30 grams butter
- 30 grams flour
- 250 grams cooked beef or veal, in small pieces
- 200 ml beef stock
- 1 leaf gelatine (7 grams), soaked in cold water
- one egg
- around 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- oil for deep-frying
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly, and let this thicken up each time. Cook the mixture for around 5 minutes longer on a low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the squeezed-out gelatine leaf and the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the ragout into a deep plate or bowl that has been rinsed with cold water and allow it to solidify in the fridge.
- Whisk the egg in another deep plate and sprinkle the breadcrumbs into yet another deep plate. Take the ragout out of the fridge and divide it into 6 equal portions. Wet your hands with cold water and roll the ragout portions into kroketten. Coat them in the egg and then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Repeat this once again.
- Let the kroketten stiffen and dry for around 20 minutes. Then deep-fry them in hot oil at 180 Celsius for five minutes, until they are golden brown. Allow them to drain on paper towels and serve with mustard.
Food is ready!