|Arepa - Pixabay|
Here's how make it :
Read too : Kaya Toast
- 2 cups arepa flour (precooked cornmeal)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Desired fillings (such as shredded cooked chicken or pork, stewed black beans with cheese and lime, corn salad with onion and fresh herbs; for serving)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Combine arepa flour and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add 2½ cups warm water. Using a wooden spoon, gradually incorporate dry ingredients, stirring until no dry lumps remain. Let rest 5 minutes to hydrate.
- Knead dough a few times in bowl, then divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece on work surface into a ball, then gently flatten to about ½” thick.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 arepas, cover, and cook until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Uncover, flip, and cook (keep uncovered) until other side is golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Transfer arepas to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and dough.
- Split arepas and stuff with desired fillings; serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Read too : Cheese Burger
Food is ready!