|Source : Pixabay|
Here's how make it :
Read too : Crispy Chicken Roast
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil/butter/Ghee
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small jalapenos pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin spice
- 3-4 cardamon pods , cracked teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon curry spice
- 1-2 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon chilli spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon or more white/black pepper
- 1/3 -1/2 cup cashew (optional)
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 4 cups Liquid Broth or water, and/or coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt or more adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons or more cilantro (optional)
- Wash chicken thighs, for faster cooking make a 1/2 " slit into chicken thigh meat on either side of the chicken, then wipe with a paper towel. Season with salt (about 1½ teaspoons).
- Add chicken to a bowl then add garlic, ginger, white pepper, cumin. Mix.
- Then add yogurt thoroughly mix. Refrigerate until ready to use .When ready to use discard excess marinade from chicken .
- Place chicken skin side up in a skillet / Dutch oven or oven safe pot/pan for about 3 minutes each, be very careful with the chicken, it shouldn’t burn. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- If necessary, remove any burns from pan.
- Add about 2 tablespoons oil or more followed by onions, bell pepper , garlic , and bay leaf. Sauté until soft but not golden, about 2-3 minutes. Then add cumin , coriander , curry , cardamon pods , cinnamon sticks, chill pepper, red bell pepper and cashews. Stir for another minute.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients, rice , stock and salt to taste .Add chicken, bring to a boil.
- Place in the oven in pre-heated oven uncovered . Cook for about 30- 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove let it cool, garnish with cilantro, if desired and serve.
Food is ready!